American bullies are very loving, caring, and loyal dogs. They are bred as companion dogs and are very protective and sincere pets. American Bullies love to live between families and kids. Pet lovers love to keep them at their homes. If you want to get a brief knowledge regarding the types of bullies, this article is highly recommended to you and you can get a clear picture of American bullies and their types.
American Bully Annals – Types Of American Bully
American Bullies are the breed of modern tarrier of American Staffordshire and American Pit Bull. They possess a very friendly and gentle nature. They are also called family pets. In America, people love to keep pets at their homes, and American bullies come to the top of the list.
American Bullies are classified into five major types given below
- Standard Bully
- XL Bully
- Classic Bully
- Pocket Bully
- Extreme Bully
1. Standard Bully
Standard Bully is one of the oldest types of American Bully made in 1990.
The size of the Standard Bully for male and female versions slightly differ from each other.
They are medium-sized dogs having compact and bulky bodies. They have strong facial bones.
General Standards Of Standard Bully:
Some general characteristics of Standard Bullies are described as under:
- Standard bullies have very compact and thick bodies with broad chests.
- They possess a muscular body frame which gives a strengthening look.
- Standard bullies possess massive heads and strong muscles.
- They have almond or oval-shaped eyes.
- A Strong shoulder is a prominent feature of this class of American bullies.
- In spite of their fierce look, they are very loving and caring dogs.
- The lifespan of standard bullies is around 10 to 12 years.
- They have strong ability and patience for enduring pain.
- They have a large skull with well-defined jaws.
- The height varies between male and female bullies as the height of a male bully is about 17 to 20 inches while the height of a female bully is about 16 to 19 inches.
2. XL Bully
If we talk about this type of American bully, XL Bully differs from Standard Bully regarding their size, weight, and height. XL bullies are taller than standard bullies. This class is considered one of the largest bullies among all types. The life span of XL bullies is almost the same as the previous type mentioned above.
General Standards Of XL Bully:
The general standards for the XL bully are highlighted as under:
- They have strong muscular bodies with taller body structures.
- The body weight of this type of American bully ranges between 80 to 140 pounds.
- The height of a male is about 20 to 30 inches while the height of a female is about 19 to 22 inches.
- They have a broader chest.
- They have large heads with defined jaws.
- They have oval-shaped eyes.
- Pigmented and round eyes are not considerable for this class.
- The shoulder of bullies is wider in this class.
- They breathe through muzzle openings.
- The skin of XL bullies is slightly loose in the region of the neck but it is acceptable for this class.
3. Classic Bully
The most prominent feature of this class of American bullies is their body with lighter weight. They have a flimsy body as compared to the other types. They have found great resemblance with the American Pit Bull.
General Standard for Classic Bully
The general standard for this class is almost the same as for Standard Bully. The main highlighted points are described as under:
- They are very loving and human-friendly dogs.
- They are very confident and highly protective.
- They have large heads with well-defined jaws.
- They have oval or almond-shaped eyes.
- Every eye color is desirable for this class except the blue color bully.
- They are breathing through the muzzle normally.
- A broader and wider chest is the prominent feature of this class.
- The size of males and females slightly differs from each other. The size of a male is about 17 to 20 inches while the size of a female is about 16 to 19 inches.
- The life span of a classic bully ranges between 8 to 12 years.
- They are amazingly tolerant of bearing pain.
4. Pocket Bully
As the name indicates pocket bully is the smallest in size among all types of American bullies. The prominent feature of this class is their shortest body which makes them more attractive and eye catchy. They have shorter bodies having more mass. They are a very loyal, loving, and caring species. They are family dogs and love to live between kids.
General Standards For Pocket Bully:
The general standards for pocket bullies are highlighted as under
- They have a small head with defined jaws.
- They are short-sighted dogs.
- Their eyes are oval shaped and sometimes almond-shaped eyes are also observed in this class.
- Albinos are undesirable for this class of bullies.
- Their chest is strong and wide.
- Breathing normally takes place through muzzles.
- The size of males ranges between 14 to 17 inches while the size of females ranges between 13 to 16 inches.
- The life span for this class is 8 to 12 years.
- They are very social and friendly.
- They are family dogs with having protective nature.
- They love to live between kids and play with them.
- They have enough resemblance with pit bulldogs.
- They are very loyal to their masters.
- They are very strong and bear pain easily without showing it.
5. Extreme Bully
This type is considered one of the latest ones in the list of bullies types: They have firm, strong, and heavier body frames. They have more mass in their bodies as compared to the other types.
General Standards For Extreme Bully:
The general standard for extreme bullies are same as the Standard for American Bullies:
- Generally, they have strong body due to heavy body frame with more mass.
- They have strong and wider chests.
- A heavier body is the prominent feature of this class.
- They possess strong shoulders.
- The life span of this class ranges between 10 to 12 years.
- They have large heads with well-defined jaws.
- They have almond and oval-shaped eyes.
- They are normally breathing through the muzzles.
Temperament Of American Bullies
The bred American bullies are not as aggressive as compared to their ancestors. They are very loving and caring dogs. They are very social and love to live between animals and human beings. American bullies are very protective and highly alert. They are very loyal to their masters and never disobey them. The most important thing is that they require proper training regarding socializing with people and calmly treating them. If they are not trained well, there may be a chance of developing mood swings and aggressiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the American Bully loyal to their masters?
yes, the American Bully is very sincere, obedient, and loyal to their masters. They are highly protective and alert. They are always ready to protect their masters from any sort of harm and hazards.
- Is the American Bully love to live between kids?
Yes, almost all types of American Bullies are very loving and family dogs. They love to live between families and kids. Due to their kind nature kids also love to play with them. But before leaving them with kids make sure the bullies are well trained and socialize with human beings.
In this article, we tried to explain every minor detail regarding the type of bullies. If you are a dog lover and want to get a brief knowledge regarding types of bullies you can get a clear pic after reading this article. This article proves to be worth reading for you.